Field application engineer
To show the world the endless possibilities of fiber optic sensors, we are currently looking for a field application engineer to join our fast growing and international team.
You will contribute to Sentea’s efforts towards a more sustainable society by enabling fiber sensing for safer infrastructure, smarter medical and industrial devices, and more efficient renewable energy production. Our offices are located at the technology park in close to the city of Ghent.
Your responsibilities will include
- Identifying new opportunities for Sentea’s fiber sensing products
- Tailoring fiber sensing solutions to end-user applications
- Supporting end users in interfacing our interrogators with their application software (using Sentea API)
- Preparing customer technical proposals and quotations
- Defining application-specific fiber sensing solutions together with partnering companies
- Interfacing with the development team for system integration and application software
- Supporting customers in setting up product validation campaigns
- Following up on customer projects and test campaigns
- Interfacing with the development team to shape the product roadmap
- Writing application papers and marketing content
Ideally your resume includes
- Master in civil or mechanical engineering
- Experience in Scada systems, industrial sensors and/or monitoring solutions
- Independent problem solver with good communication skills
- Customer and solution oriented
- Software skills: Python is an advantage
- Fluent in English
- Based in Gent, frequent travelling required.
"*" indicates required fields